Return to School Plan
Rye School District - 2020-2021
Welcome to the Rye School District School Reopening web site. We have gathered some of the most critical information you will need as parents, guardians and students related to both our in-building instruction and remote instruction for the 2020-2021 academic year.
This web site will continually be updated as new information is provided. Updates like new CDC guidelines, information from New Hampshire’s Department of Health and Human Services and any modifications to the master re-entry plan for our schools. We encourage you to visit this web site often as we continue to prepare and implement our strategies for educating in this new environment.
Thank you to everyone who was involved in developing our school reopening plan — our administrators, staff members, town health and safety personnel and parents/guardians. It certainly was and continues to be a team effort.
SAU 50 Mission Statement for the 2020-2021 Academic Year
The SAU 50 Mission Statement for 2020-2021 is to meet the physical, mental, and emotional safety and well-being of students so meaningful learning can continue. Safety of students and staff while maintaining best practices is the objective. Rye School District staff has worked collaboratively with the SAU Administrative Team in order to create a fluid plan for the 2020-2021 school year. The plan reflects the New Hampshire Grades K-12 Back-to-School Guidance issued by the New Hampshire Department of Education in July 2020, as well as recommendations for the Center for Disease Control and the American Academy of Pediatrics. This plan takes into consideration not only our students’ academic needs, but also students’ social emotional needs, in addition to the needs of the Rye School District staff. It will also provide guidelines for families and staff in the event we need to go into remote learning.
Plans will be reflective of circumstances on the ground at any given time and will likely be fluid and change as circumstances change. Plans will be re-evaluated in November 2020 to take into consideration the ever changing facets of this situation. The Rye School District has the right to change the components of this plan at any time as the circumstances warrant.
Highlights of the Plan
- Providing safe reentry in order to maintain a healthy community while following the CDC and state guidelines
- Provide consistent guidelines for elementary and middle level learners
- Creating a rigorous learning environment that can be fluid whether we are in school or remote
- All students will be able to return to the building four days a week at the start of the year.
- Preventative measures will be taken to promote the safety of all staff and students. These measures include students and staff wearing masks, physical distancing, utilizing student pods, and limiting group sizes.
- We will prioritize the mental and emotional well-being of staff and students.
- Although physical distancing requires that we limit mixing among different classes, staff will create a sense of belonging, significance, and fun within their classes, and foster healthy, caring relationships between and among the Rye Community.